1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes: Bedrock Beta v0.2.3 "Super Happy Hotfix Time" (+0.2.1 & 0.2.2)

Discussion in 'Bedrock Beta General Discussion' started by Simburgur, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Simburgur

Simburgur CEO & Creative Director Dev Team

Bedrock Beta v0.2.3 “Super Happy Hotfix Time”
    (0.2.1 & 0.2.2 are below)

Known issue: Some users are only seeing some of the menu (and not being able to interact with it or load a map) when starting up the game. Please see this thread for more information and potential solutions.

Other known issues can be found here

Please report any bugs you find here

Happiness & Efficiency:
    Your minions now have some semblance of self-worth and dignity, causing their behaviour to change depending on how well you look after them.
    • All units will remain in a ‘content’ (flat face) state when their basic needs are fulfilled
    • Units will get sad (and then angry) if their basic needs are not fulfilled
    • Happy units work faster, sad units work slower
    • Angry units will refuse to work at all
    • Units will inform you with their unit shield if their food or sleep needs are reaching a critical level
    • Cultists & Chunders gain happiness by working (this will be changed in the future), no other units are able to gain positive happiness at the moment
    • This is just a first pass - happiness & efficiency will be greatly expanded in the future!

Misc Changes & Features:
    • Right-clicking the Rally spell icon will remove your Rally flag from the map
    • Linux build improvements (wizardry & renaming files is no longer needed to get the game running)
    • The tutorial no longer breaks in multiple places
    • Victory screen now allows you to return to the main menu
    • Fixes some memory issues relating to unit deaths

Bedrock Beta v0.2.2 “Tux”
    Linux Support
    • WFTO now supports Linux!
    • Only x64 Linux systems are supported
    • Known issue with Linux: Occasionally (roughly 10% of the time) the game will have no UI when starting up - restarting the game will solve this
    Misc Changes & Features
    • Several issues leading to game crashes have been addressed

Bedrock Beta v0.2.1 “Breaking Bug”
    Misc Changes & Features
    • Many bug fixes from reports during Eurogamer - no specific notes for this one, sorry!
    Markus.R likes this.
  2. Enjou

Enjou Huntress QA Team

*ahem* Minions, this is your Underlord speaking. It's been brought to my attention by the powers that be that you have feelings. As such, it is my duty to inform you that the beatings will continue until morale improves or you become a corpse that I can turn into a Ghoul so I will not have to be bothered by the needs you so insolently demand I fulfill.