1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes: Bedrock Beta v0.2.5 “Under-Apples”

Discussion in 'Bedrock Beta General Discussion' started by Simburgur, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Simburgur

Simburgur CEO & Creative Director Dev Team

Bedrock Beta v0.2.5 “Under-Apples”

Known issue: Some users are only seeing some of the menu (and not being able to interact with it or load a map) when starting up the game. Please see this thread for more information and potential solutions.

Please report any bugs you find here

OS X Support
    • WFTO now supports OS X!
    • If you have any issues getting the game to run on your Mac, please post in this thread

Misc Features & Improvements
    • Ghouls now have several texture variants (however, the handsome ghoul is still the most handsome)
    • Slapping will now only be performed when no other hand action is possible (nothing can be dropped and nothing is currently selected)
    • When dropped, minions will now prioritize nearby tasks (if their basic needs are satisfied and they are not unhappy)
    • Dropping a minion into a Lair more than 3 tiles away from that unit’s bed will cause the unit to move their bed to the nearest empty lair tile
    • Gold dropped onto a Dungeon Core or Vault tile will now be stored
    • Defence parts dropped onto a defence blueprint will now be consumed to build the defence
    • Selling Vault tiles will now spawn gold piles instead of moving the gold to another gold store
    • Slapping units now makes units less happy and more efficient
    • Various worker tasks have had their priorities adjusted
    • When dropped, workers will look for the nearest task and then complete any other task of the same type in the local area before returning to normal behavior
      • For example, you could drop a worker in an empty, unclaimed room and they would claim every floor tile before looking for other tasks

Bug Fixes
    • Various memory leaks have been plugged
    • A scrollbar should no longer randomly appear along the bottom of the screen
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. Simburgur

Just FYI, the patch isn't quite live yet. We expect it to be up within 24 hours.
  3. Medjay

Medjay Dryad Backer

All sounding very cool but what does 'under apples' refer to? :)
  4. SerphTR

SerphTR Gnarling

osx support lol apple is what mac was called way back in daddy wozniak (not correct spelling) day
  5. Slichizard

Slichizard Skarg

Waiting, as always.
  6. Medjay

Medjay Dryad Backer

Oh gosh, I'm sorry that was just too obvious for me, I get it now :D
  7. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

The update is gone public.
    joepenzo likes this.
  8. themaninthesuitcase

themaninthesuitcase Dwarven Worker

At last! I've been waiting for the OSX version since the first windows release. Looking forward to finally being able to feed back into the beta.
  9. RMJ

RMJ Sentinel

Really starting to come together nicely :)

Still waiting for drag mine pick sound :p and training room or the equivalent.

Nice job :) i love the darker setting as well. Really feels like you are underground now.

When units stops running around all the time, thats gonna be great as well. Dont like it when they run all the time, its like they are always in a hurry.
  10. PMcD14

PMcD14 Ghoul Backer

Thank you so so much! I've been checking every week for a working Mac version - playing the beta via Virtual Machine just wasn't do-able and I didnt want to report any bugs i found playing via that method :D

So glad I can finally play native on my mac :D
  11. Peetfighter

Peetfighter Dryad Backer

What is the point of this?
  12. Cultist Joris

Cultist Joris Juggernaut QA Team

What is the point of double posting?

EDIT: I saw what you did there...
    [​IMG]
  13. Peetfighter

Peetfighter Dryad Backer

Slow internet connection I think, deleted now.
    Edit: I think you see too much...
    >_>
    <_<
    *Hires assassin*
  14. Mozared

Mozared Augre QA Team

Without this function, if a unit happens to make a Lair somewhere, it will always try to return to that Lair unless the specific tile is sold manually by the player. Imagine if you captured an enemy Lair on the other side of the map and a unit made a bed there without noticing - it would travel all the way back and forth between your dungeon and that captured Lair to do its business. If you'd pick it up and drop it in your regular Lair, it would still completely ignore this room and move back all across the map to the hostile Lair where its bed is. This way, if you drop a unit in a Lair room where it doesn't actually have a bed, it will make a bed there - allowing you to direct your creatures' sleep places better.
  15. Peetfighter

Peetfighter Dryad Backer

Oh so it has to be in another lair. I thought dropping it in the same lair as the creatures bed would also cause it to move.
  16. Mozared

Mozared Augre QA Team

It does. It's an unwanted side-effect, but not one that is so terrible that anyone will ever have any issues with it. And even if they do, we can up the range.
  17. AvatarIII

Why not increase the range to 5 tiles? Most people don't make lairs, or rooms in general, much bigger than that anyway.
    Peetfighter likes this.
  18. Simburgur

That's the plan if it turns out that 3 is too short a distance.
  19. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

We could even check if the unit was dropped on the same or another lair room than the bed is located but at some size you might even want to move them inside the same lair. not sure. however it's just one number to change it to a radius of 5 tiles.
  20. poet4nothing

poet4nothing Dwarven Worker

I just want to let you know that i'm in love. even if it is just a beta. one day i would like to have the functionality back that allows you to grab an area and pull your view to a different location instead of just relying on the movement of the mouse.. just saying.. otherwise, fantastic <3