1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes: Bedrock Beta v0.3.1 “Rally Impassibly Good Patch”

Discussion in 'Bedrock Beta General Discussion' started by Simburgur, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Simburgur

Simburgur CEO & Creative Director Dev Team

Patch Notes: Bedrock Beta v0.3.1 “Rally Impassibly Good Patch”
    Known Issues
    • Quitting out of either of the first two levels before completing them may result in unexpected behaviour upon loading a new level
    • On the tutorial level the game will freeze for a few seconds when the hairy drunken dwarves attack
    • The UI tab for rooms extends past the edge of your screen for some players playing on lower resolutions
    • The Tavern and Spirit Chamber are visible in the Veins of Evil but cannot be unlocked
    • Units are unable to path inside the prebuilt Torture Chamber on the Mudbox map
    • There are some sneaky Witch Doctors spawning that look like Cultists, which may result in what appears to be a Cultist behaving strangely
    New Spell: Impasse
    Increase the life expectancy of your workers by placing this magical barrier along the border of your domain
    • Vein: None (available at the start)
    • Cost: None
    • Summons an Impasse flag which prevents your workers from claiming any tile within its radius (3*3)
    • You can summon as many Impasse flags as you wish, but you may not summon one within the radius of another Impasse flag
    • Right click on an Impasse flag to dismiss it; right clicking on the Impasse icon will dismiss all Impasse flags
    • Thanks to Ben Chandler for the name suggestion!
    New Room: Stone Bridge
    If you’re fed up with your wood bridges becoming toasted carbon, this bridge is sure to please you
    • Vein: Wrath (currently unlocked for free when you unlock the Wooden Bridge)
    • Cost: 400 gold per tile
    • Like the Wooden Bridge, this can be placed on water and lava tiles to allow your minions to cross and claim the other side
    • Unlike the Wooden Bridge, the Stone Bridge does not burn when placed on lava
    Map Update: Mudbox
    • Now contains every single room
      • Also includes previews of upcoming (not quite functional) rooms (currently the Tavern and the Spirit Chamber)
    • Now contains every single type of special terrain: Water, Brimstone, Permafrost, Lava, Chasm, Sacred Earth
    New Terrain: Sacred Earth & Sacred Ground
    Hallowed earth that resists all evil that dares trespass upon it
    • Sacred Earth (and Ground) cannot be claimed by any force of evil - no matter how kindly they try
    • When a Sacred Earth tile is destroyed it will leave behind Sacred Ground
    New Terrain: Brimstone
    A tile very similar to your ex - it smolders in silent, molten fury
    • Can be cooled down with the Chill spell, rendering it Crystalline (impenetrable)
    • Can be heated up with the Cauterize spell, rendering it extremely weak
    • Returns to its normal state after a brief period of time
    New Terrain: Permafrost
    Just when you thought Frostivus was over, we are pleased to bring you Permafrost (ivus)
    • Impenetrable in its normal state
    • Can be heated up with the Cauterize spell, allowing your imps to mine it out
    • Returns to its normal state after a brief period of time
    New Feature: Unit Grouping
    • The sell button has been moved to make way for the new Unit Grouping panel (the sell button can now be found to the left of the large tab buttons, beneath the menu button)
    • The spells on the right hand side of this group allow you to assign minions to one of six groups, and the spells on the left allow you to summon group-specific rally flags
    • The blank flag icon will summon a universal rally flag which will call any minion which isn’t already following a group-specific rally flag
    • Please note that this is just the first iteration of this system and there will be significant UI improvements to it in the future
    • A minion’s group is displayed at the bottom of its shield
    Visual Updates
    • Workers now use team colours on their skin
    • The Cultist, Chunder, Bafu and Firebreather have various new VFX (including eating, dying, and abilities)
    • The ‘naked’ (previously red) workers are now part of the Standard Theme (with the green stone core), and the ‘hat’ (previously green) workers are now part of the Rhaskos Theme (with the red heart core)
    • The Rhaskos Theme workers have had their hats adjusted to show more skin from above (to more easily identify team colour)
    • Slaughterpen walls and Standard Theme claimed walls are no longer excessively shiny
    • Lanterns on the Wooden Bridge no longer use team colours
    • Brimstone, Lava, Permafrost and Sacred Earth have all had their art updated (they were previously only available in the multiplayer test build)
    • The level loading bar is no longer incredibly ugly
    • Reinforced wall tops had had their brightness reduced slightly
    • The sell tile effect has been cleaned up slightly
    Other Features, Improvements & Changes
    • Spacebar will now open and close the Veins of Evil
    • Chill and Cauterize have had their radius increased and cost decreased
    • Room building and selling is now significantly faster and will also follow the direction that you dragged your cursor in
      • It will also skip unavailable tiles and update in-progress to include or exclude tiles if they become available or unavailable
    • A small wire frame is now visible when you hover your mouse over something that can be interacted with
    • Added missing Aspect-unlocked narration (some Aspects will use placeholder lines until our next recording session)
    • Minions will no longer wander outside of your dungeon unless they have a specific reason to do so
    • Workers will now return to your Dungeon Core if they are outside of your territory and have no tasks to complete
    • A test of an upcoming spell ‘Shockwave’ is available in debug mode (F4) if you hit “T”
    Bug Fixes
    • Users on 32-bit Windows can now actually play the game (sorry about that!)
    • The game should now be completely crash-free
    • Fixed a crash caused by combat and the Slaughterpen (this was the cause of many crashes)
    • Reloading a scripted level will no longer result in strange looking tiles
    • Sound effects and narration will no longer stop playing shortly into each level
    • Selling a Bridge tile no longer leaves behind a neutral claimed tile
    • Fixed performance issues caused by rally flags
    • Converted Empire minions should no longer be unresponsive to their new masters
    • Tiles will no longer be untagged when you drag over them whilst building a room
    • Micropiglets and rats can no longer be dropped inside walls and props
    • Props now properly despawn when a room is sold
    • Minions no longer work on invisible props
    • Minions no longer eat endlessly if there are no other activities available
    • Destroyed Dungeon Cores no longer spawn an endless stream of workers
    • Slaughterpen props in Rhaskos’ Domain are now properly removed when the room is sold
    • Pressing ‘3’ to hide the UI now works correctly again
    • Pressing ‘4’ to remove the max zoom limit now works correctly again
    • Closing the Veins of Evil by clicking outside of the menu should no longer inadvertently interact with the game
    • Scrolling the camera downwards with the cursor works again
    • Clicking continue on the pause menu will no longer lock the camera
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    AvatarIII and Tommonius like this.
  2. Badwolf699

Badwolf699 Augre Founder

Nice!
    This is Early not even Wednesday yet :D
    It's all good though :)
  3. Mannoroht

Mannoroht Blood Imp

Damnnnnn! This Game became so much bigger by only adding this Patch. I'm impressed by the progress you guys are doing, keep up the wonderful work!
  4. Jobs2k

Jobs2k Bafu Backer

Should we discuss the lack of MP support here, or another thread?

Everything else seems to be a big step forward and I'm very impressed.
    Though I'm not sure why the decision was made to remove the team colouring from the lanterns. It seems like that was a nice way to keep an eye on who was on their way to you.
  5. Simburgur

It was an error.

We're going to need a universal system to display room ownership, whatever it is will also apply to bridges.
  6. Jobs2k

Jobs2k Bafu Backer

Fair enough it was an error, but it does still seem like a nice touch to the game was removed. :(
    Is there no way to reproduce the effect from the error as part of the system you are aiming for?
  7. Simburgur

Sure it's possible, but honestly it just didn't look very good so we're unlikely go to that route.
  8. illage2

illage2 Dwarven Worker

Cool :) looks like a very impressive update. Will be trying it out tonight when I get home from work.
  9. Jobs2k

Jobs2k Bafu Backer

Attached Files:

10. Themperror

Themperror Spirit Backer

If it's not copyright infringement, I'd say, Please add the system from DK1, the coloured fire around the rooms were so cool.
    Badwolf699 and Co0kieL0rd like this.
  11. Slichizard

Slichizard Skarg

Actually, we are getting closer to a point where mini-map/map is a ''must to be''. It becomes much harder to play as without these it's too hard to maintain dungeon integrity or progress too far without digging where shouldn't. Hope you will add one soon.
    Reyh!, Badwolf699 and Tommonius like this.
  12. Antking

Antking Cultist

*Falls to knees* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Other than that patch is cool :)
    Tommonius likes this.
  13. Cultist Joris

Cultist Joris Juggernaut QA Team

This is a site for you...
    Blame Apple for making their OS so damn difficult to develop for! :p
    Amon and Tommonius like this.
  14. Tommonius

Tommonius Chunder Backer

great patch, wonder when we will see the mini map and creature panel as they seem to be the most important gameplay pieces that will be needed for multiplayer I believe.
    Noxlor and -=Ds|Master like this.
  15. -=Ds|Master

-=Ds|Master Bloodling

Something else I would like to see is the creatures shield information becoming clearer such as the level because at the moment unless I zoom all. The way in I find it hard to read what it is and with them moving about a lot it is hard

Although this update is great loving brimstone and permafrost however permafrost can be a bit fiddle to mine out
  16. chavhunter

chavhunter Dwarven Worker

the patch is not on the uk steam i have the old one
  17. Cultist Joris

Cultist Joris Juggernaut QA Team

Try to validate your local files (right click "War for the..." in your Steam library > properties > local files > verify game cache)
  18. chavhunter

i have still not doing it
  19. -=Ds|Master

-=Ds|Master Bloodling

i live in the uk and i have downloaded it through steam and it works fine for me
  20. chavhunter

i dont get it i dont have the stone bridge or any of the new stuff i never even got a up date