1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Trap] Force/Gravity manipulator

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sarevokus, Mar 1, 2012.

?

What do you think ?

1. Sweet !

50.0%
  2. Nice idea but need polishing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bad idea need some rework

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bad !

50.0%
  1. Sarevokus

Sarevokus Dwarven Worker

Name: Force/Gravity manipulator

Stats:

Cost : mid - High (~750-1500)
    Mana Drain: medium upkeep (~100-200) per sek or 10-30 per creature affected
    Target: Any creature crossing this trap
    Friendly Fire: Yes
    Cooldown: always up
    Recovery: none

Information: A trap only that can be only placed in corridors. Used to decrease travel times in dungeons

Function: It applies force to creatures that passes by. It speeds up allies and slow down enemies for a short time
    (only walking speed. Might force flying creature to land)

Appearance: 2 crystals on walls with static electricity running between them.

So basically i after physics calsses and thinking about how annoying imps are to travel between gems/gold i thought about a trap that could add a force to creatures and by result of that make them slower/faster. (or decrease/increase friction XD) Use of trap is quite limited (they take up space of doors) and i think smart placement might be deciding factor in some dungeon layouts.

Cons : long corridor filled with those and a boulder behind doors at end might be quite stronk :/

PS. Images/Appearance suggestion welcome :)
  2. chaoseater

chaoseater Chunder Backer

Sounds good from DK2 i no when your imp get to level 4 its has a speed boost then get higther it can teleport but this games not DK2;) so with the boulder trap and im not saying there is one i think you can get round it and only let monsters pass and if a trap go past is wont do anything to it or even to stop somthing like that you could make the said boulder destroy it then people cant do a speed boulder i think DK had somthing like that in the game

Now i cant draw for my life and its in pen so yea pic0001.jpg